Specializing in signature Midtown Manhattan meetings, conferences and special events, the Strand offers unique event space for executives and meeting planners who wish to avoid the conventional business hotel setting.
Horst and Clarke Meeting Rooms
Cutting-edge design and technology merge perfectly in these stylish conference rooms that can accommodate 120 guests per room for small round table discussions, board meetings and training sessions. The rooms may also be utilized together to host larger events such as sales presentations, trunk shows and trade shows of up to 200 guests.
The Strand’s event space features the following amenities:
- Catering by the Strand Bistro
- Break-out space
- Business center with computers
- Welcome signage
- Full audiovisual facilities and tech support
- Easels and tablets
- Meeting sizes from 10-120 people per room
- Complimentary high-speed wired and Wi-Fi Internet
- Fixed and portable microphones
- Lighted lectern
- Room dividers
Additional event space is available in the Strand Bistro and the Top of the Strand.
Showcasing the innovative cuisine of renowned Manhattan Chef Jason Tilmann, the restaurant’s private greenhouse is an elegant indoor/outdoor setting for breakfasts, luncheons, dinners or cocktail receptions of up to 60 guests.
Iconic views of the Empire State Building and the Midtown Manhattan skyline offer an inspiring backdrop for gatherings.
Meeting Planning Process
The Strand Hotel requests that meeting planners outline a preliminary event agenda prior to signing a contract. Upon receipt, our Conference Planning Department will respond with a detailed description of the hotel’s services, venues and venue capacities.
45 days prior to the event, The Strand will contact the meeting planner to discuss a confirmed itinerary and all necessary requirements and expectations. A final itinerary is to be completed and signed by the client at least 20 days prior to arrival. Once the itinerary is finalized and approved, the hotel will provide the itinerary to the hotel’s meeting and catering departments.
After the event, we request to meet with planners at their convenience to review any comments/feedback regarding The Strand’s performance.
- Check in policy – Guaranteed at 3pm
- Check out policy – 12:00pm
- Rooming List for Groups: all bookings must be received at least 30 days prior to arrivals and must be guaranteed to a master account. Any bookings received after the 30 days will be confirmed on a space- and rate-available basis. No shows are charged to the master account
- Cancellation policy will be determined in the group agreement. Any cancellation after the agreed date, the hotel reserves the right to charge a fee of one night rate plus tax. Should no deposit be received upon signing of contract, the hotel reserves the right to cancel any reservation.
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING
- The Strand prefers shipping of all materials to arrive 1-2 days prior to the start date of the meeting.
- Please send all boxes to:
The Strand Hotel
33 W 37th Street
New York, NY 10018
- Make sure to include:
- Name of the person who will need the materials
- The hotel meeting planner who is assisting you
- The group/company name
- Dates of the conference
- The hotel’s front office team will receive and sign for all packages
- The first two (2) small to medium sized boxes, under 15 lbs, are stored with our compliments
- For quantities over two, there will be a $5.00 porterage charge per box, per day.
- Any box over 15 lbs will need to be coordinated with the hotel and is subject to additional porterage fees
- Any porterage/storage fees are billed to the group’s master account
- The hotel can ship materials back to you port-conference via UPS or FedEx services. Pre arranged account will be necessary. You must complete all forwarding information, label, pack and seal all boxes. Labels will be available with the Front Office.
- We are not liable for any shipping costs of your materials
Upon receipt of the agreement, the hotel contract will provide an outline of all billing instructions to determine how sleeping accommodations, food and beverage functions, incidentals, and miscellaneous charges are to be settled.